Thursday 26 August 1993

first day in AKRSP

So it was 26th .. my father wanted to come with me to help me with luggage and all.. Sayla is infect 80 km from Rajkot my place... but not many buses stop by!!! we have to choose particular bus.. .. so we reached Salya bus stand at 11:00 am..

the AKRSP campus was on highway.. out skirt of small town Salya.. nicely built campus with main office building, 6 small bunglows , 2 maid quarters... and nice guest house.. ..

i was impressed by design, location and greenery..

I went inside.... found Mr. Rajesh Kapoor and reported him.. asked his advice for next step..
he introduced me to TT Mehta.. a surveyor and requested TT to help me in writing my joining report... i followed TT .. wrote report.. handed over to Rajesh kapoor..

by then it was lunch time.. so i left my lugguge in office went with TT for lunch..

Me, my father and TT.. reached to small black dirty looking highway side "dhaba" [restaurant] . that was one of the two dhaba in entire 6-8 km of patch.. :) so happily set for food.. it was too hot!!! spicy .... :( well no way out... we had to eat.. the food was cheaper.. it was 9-10 Rs./meal

My father left me there and started his jurney back Home.

I went back.. Mr. Rajesh kapoor called one of the guy called VB; a program assistant...... to help in introduction.. i followed him.. he showed me engineering department, my table...who else in the dept. all... he showed me al files.. he was sincerely introducing me to the work.. ofcourse he was not well organised and i failed to understand the link between files.. work all.. but definately could get one good over view... i was happy... i was suppose to live with some one there as my official quarter was occupied.. the guy called Dashrath.. ... he promised me to vacant sooner.. i was ok.. i said take your time...

and i stayed with VB.... in his quarter.... it was a bachlore quarter... 3 guys were staying there.. VB, Ghansyam and chandu [surveyor].. only 2 guys were there at that time so i joined them..

...
..
good relaxing first day.. still lots of happening ..



No comments:

Post a Comment